EPM currently has opportunities for fire protection engineers. The Fire Protection Engineering Division provides a full spectrum of services in support of industrial and commercial fire protection engineering programs. Our experience extends to areas such as:
· Resolving issues related to fire protection utilizing both deterministic and performance-based fire protection methods, code consulting, fire protection system design, fire hazards analysis, computer based fire/explosion modeling, and training for all industries and building types including many high-challenge industrial projects.
· Commercial/Industrial/Government/Residential Fire Protection Services – EPM provides fire protection services to a variety of clients, including private firms, public agencies, electric utilities, and government entities, both domestic and international.
We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive assessments and cost-effective solutions. EPM continues to experience significant growth in fire protection services, we are looking for Fire Protection Engineers who can assist in leading this continued growth with excellent technical and business development skills in fire protection markets. Come join our growing team of talented fire protection professionals working on a wide variety of fire protection system design, analysis and code consulting projects.
This position may be based in any of EPM’s offices (Framingham, Raleigh), remote locations will also be considered.
· Degree in Fire Protection Engineering, preferred
Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience (10 years preferred), registered PE is preferred.
· Working knowledge of major NFPA codes/standards and model building/fire codes.
· Fire protection system design, evaluation, and consulting.
· A strong network of established client relationships.
· Self-sufficient and able to work independently as well as contribute to team efforts.
· Ability to manage and mentor junior fire protection engineers.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Familiarity and use of hydraulic calculation software/models is a plus.
· Willingness to travel occasionally.