The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulate chemical process safety at locations with threshold quantities of specific chemicals that are listed in the standards.
EPM’s Process Safety Management (PSM) staff can assist in determining if your facility is subject to these regulations and with the development and implementation of all the mandated programs including the compliance audit requirement.
Since 1980, EPM has provided expert engineering and consulting services to protect facilities from catastrophic losses. EPM is well-known as a worldwide leader in the nuclear industry, but our extensive experience in hazard analysis, probabilistic risk assessment (PRA), fire protection, and software solutions are also routinely applied to other industrial applications.
EPM uses its unique expertise to build long-term process safety management, risk management, and regulatory compliance strategies. EPM can also help streamline and standardize your programs for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
The overall outcomes can include:
· Time saved in implementing all elements of PSM/RMP/CFATS
· Efficiency improvements
· Cost-effective solutions to corrective actions
· Decrease in insurance premiums
Safety is always the top priority and we realize that quality and customer service are of utmost importance. We perform our work with a high degree of quality, with special attention to reducing your risks, resulting in deliverables that are beyond customers’ expectations.
· Employee Participation Guidance
· Process Safety Information Management
· Process Hazard Analysis
· Pressure Relief Valve Sizing Guidance
· Chemical Reactivity/Compatibility Studies
· Offsite Consequence Analysis
· Facility Siting Assessments
· Development of Operating Procedures
· Operator Training Assistance
· Compliance Audits
· Mechanical Integrity Program Implementation
· Hot Work Permits – Management and Training
· Management of Change Program Implementation
· Incident Investigation Assistance
· Process Safety Incident Metrics Reporting
· Development of Contractor Management Programs
· Pre-Startup Safety Review Guidance
· Emergency Planning and Response Guidance
· DHS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Top-Screen Submissions and Risk Based Performance Standards Guidance
> 29 CFR 1910.119 Appendix A OSHA list of Highly Hazardous Chemicals:
> 40 CFR Part 68 Full Regulation including list of Toxic Substances
> CFATS Appendix A Chemicals of Interest (COI) List:
> Center for Chemical Process Safety:
> U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
©2018 Engineering Planning and Management, Inc. All Rights Reserved.